Important Information Regarding Course Pricing, Policies and Participation Guidelines
What is a Value Plan?
Soul Lightening International offers individual courses and several different Certification Programs (see below). Each of our certification programs includes a multi-course series that can be purchased a la carte or packaged to offer the student savings. We offer a variety of payment options designed to serve our students’ needs for flexibility schedule, paying-over-time, and price savings. Please see the information below. If you have any questions or require more information, please contact our Registrar at Registrar@SoulLightening.com or 978-456-0300.
For a complete list of Course Pricing, Policies and Participation Guidelines, Click Here.
Foundation Certification Value Plan
Register Online Now! or Call us at (978) 456-0300 to register and arrange your simple payment plan of $125 per month. Your payment will be processed each month on your credit card. You may select the seminar dates and locations as it suits your schedule. (This program is available for North American courses only).
Clinical Acupressure Certification Value-Plan
Register Online Now! or Call us at (978) 456-0300 to register and arrange your simple payment plan of $175 per month. Your payment will be processed each month on your credit card. You may select the seminar dates and locations as it suits your schedule. (This program is available for North American courses only).
Process Acupressure Certification Value-Plan
Call us at (978) 456-0300 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to register and arrange your simple payment plan of $151 per month. Your payment will be processed each month on your credit card. You may select the seminar dates and locations as it suits your schedule. (This program is available for North American courses only).
Advanced Soul Lightening Certification Value Plan
Call us at (978) 456-0300 or email us at email@example.com to register and arrange your simple payment plan of $220 per month. Your payment will be processed each month on your credit card. You may select the seminar dates and locations as it suits your schedule. (This program is available for North American courses only).
If you have already attended 1 or more classes in one of our Certification Programs, you can jump into the certification program at any time. Call 978-456-0300 for details!
Third Party Payments
Any student who is expecting reimbursement from their employer or whose employer will only pay Soul Lightening directly should discuss the details with our Registrar at Registrar@SoulLightening.com or 978-456-0300 to ensure Soul Lightening receives payment before class begins.
Acknowledging and respecting that there are students who must make travel plans early; Soul Lightening International (SLI) makes every effort to avoid cancelling or rescheduling the dates of our courses. The decision to hold the course is based upon a minimum enrollment. Please note that courses with enrollment below our minimum will be cancelled 30-days prior to the course’s start date. We also strongly recommend that you not purchase non-refundable airfare until the course is confirmed 30-days prior. Soul Lightening is not responsible for any expenses, such as airfare, that you incur for a cancelled course.
To ensure the quality of our programs and not affect remaining students’ learning experience when a student wishes to withdraw from a course, SLI has enacted a withdrawal policy that considers payment plan and proximity to course start date. Students are to submit their withdrawal requests in writing to the Executive Director at ExecDir@SoulLightening.com. Tuition is transferable but not refundable unless more than 30-days prior to the start of a course after an administrative fee is applied. Withdrawal from a Certification Program needs to also be in writing to the Executive Director. In this instance, students are responsible for paying the full tuition price of any classes taken. Remaining funds will be refunded after an administrative fee is assessed at time of withdrawal. If there are insufficient funds to cover the full-tuition of courses taken, the shortfall and administrative fee will be billed to the student’s credit card of file. Any questions can be sent to the Registrar at Registrar@SoulLightening.com.
Student Participation Guidelines
Soul Lightening Acupressure courses involve a substantial amount of hands-on practice and mental, emotional, and spiritual processing. Students experience the benefits of Soul Lightening Acupressure by exchanging work with fellow students and sometimes the instructor.
The following conditions may preclude attending or being fully active in a Soul Lightening Acupressure class:
- Acute Illness
- Recent surgery, radiation, or chemotherapy
- Mental or emotional instability
- Anyone receiving treatment from a mental health professional should confirm with the provider before attending.
- Pregnancy, especially the first trimester
- Any condition that would prevent the student from exchanging hands-on work with another student
Please contact the registrar with any questions you have about your ability to fully participate.
Privacy & Security of Learner Records
SLI will never disclose a student transcript without permission. The learner will contact the SLI Registrar in writing to request release of a personal transcript.
Soul Lightening may collect and identify certain information such as name, address, credential, contact information that you volunteer and provide us to use.
Soul Lightening will collect credit card information for purchases and payment transactions; the information will only be kept on file with the student’s permission. Your financial information is only identifiable without registrar and treasurer.
Contact information may only be shared with the International Alliance of Healthcare Educators (IAHE) for any payment processing for students in IAHE payment plans. SLI will never sell your contact information to any organization. If you do not wish to have your personally identifiable information used or shared for any purpose, send a letter with this request to Registrar@SoulLightening.com.
Standards and Non-discrimination Policy
All Soul Lightening Acupressure instructors must demonstrate high standards of professional conduct and not discriminate against learners on the basis of gender, age, socioeconomic, or ethnic background, sexual orientation or disability. Furthermore, the principles of Soul Lightening International celebrate and empower the unique qualities of each individual. By the time an instructor enters teacher training, their professional conduct and interpersonal skills have been observed and evaluated many times by existing faculty and mentors. Each instructor must hold a current license and be in good standing for their professional discipline.
Teachers Financial and Non-financial Disclosure Policy
Guidelines exist whereby all teachers must disclose any relevant relationship to Soul Lightening International. The following is included on the “Workshop Understanding and Agreement” form each learner signs prior to the first day of class: “____Financial Disclosure: I understand that all SLI instructors receive financial compensation for teaching courses.”
Soul Lightening International is a dedicated service body that offers Soul Lightening Acupressure to as many people as can use it effectively in a manner that maintains the integrity of the work with a clear signature. We understand that practitioners will use Soul Lightening Acupressure within the context of their own experience and background.
Aside from this usage, we require our practitioners and instructors to refrain from the following:
- Representing the work as a different system/modality (something other than SL Acupressure/PA/CA/A4A) to administrators, clients, students, and practitioners,
- Keeping the name SL Acupressure/CA/PA/ A4A, but changing fundamental concepts/methods (touch, interface, soul consciousness, etc.),
- Teaching/printing/distributing the protocols under the auspices of a system/modality/title other than SL Acupressure/PA/CA/ A4A,
- Publishing articles, books, flyers, etc. that integrate the concepts, methods, and/or specific protocols of SL Acupressure under the auspices of a system/modality/name other than SL Acupressure/CA/PA/ A4A,
- Any individual or group claiming credit or “ownership” of the intellectual property of SL Acupressure in any way, and
- Any individual or group utilizing any part (concept, method, or protocol) of the intellectual property of SL Acupressure without full consent, and a written agreement of the Soul Lightening International Board of Directors.
Anyone wishing to publish, teach, produce, distribute, etc., any of the concepts/methods/protocols of SL Acupressure/CA/PA/ A4A must present the SL board with a completed proposal of exactly how the material will be used. Work toward producing, teaching, publishing, presenting the material must not begin until the individual/group has received full approval from the SL board in writing.
Please address any complaints or concerns to our Executive Director at ExecDir@SoulLightening.com. Your issues will be addressed by our administrative team and taken to higher levels, if necessary. Soul Lightening will respond within 30 days.
Scope of Practice Guidance Prior to Certification
- Informal Practice: All Soul Lightening Acupressure students are highly encouraged to practice the protocols they have been taught at any workshop on friends and family at any time.
- Professional Practice: Attendance at any workshop or series of courses does not, by itself, qualify you to practice this work professionally. Professional practice implies that you charge a fee for your work.
- License to touch: Soul Lightening requires that anyone who professionally practices and charges for any form of Soul Lightening Acupressure must meet the laws of their state of residence for doing hands-on work (i.e. “license to touch).
- Who can charge a fee? Anyone wishing to charge a fee for practicing any form of Soul Lightening Acupressure (PA, CA, Seva, and Acupressure for Anyone) is strongly encouraged to enroll in one of our certification programs.
- Licensed practitioners: If you are a licensed massage therapist, PT, or other licensed bodywork practitioner, nurse, physician or psychotherapist, you may start practicing this work with your clients and charge a fee commensurate with the rate you would charge for any new work.
- Unlicensed practitioners: If you are an unlicensed practitioner with an existing private practice, and you meet your state requirements for hands-on work, you may start practicing this work with your clients and charge a fee commensurate with the rate you would charge for any new work.
- New Students: If you are new to bodywork, or if you feel unsure about your level of proficiency as a Soul Lightening Acupressure practitioner, you should talk with your teacher or mentor before beginning to charge your clients.
- Certification: Soul Lightening International offers the following certification programs: Foundation Certification and practitioner certification in PA, CA, and Advanced Soul Lightening Acupressure. Visit those pages on this website for more information.
- Disclaimer for certification candidates: Any student must be certified in order to advertise, including Seva and Acupressure Anyone students. Until you are certified, any of your promotional material must clearly display the following disclaimer:
- “______________ is currently a student of (Process Acupressure, Clinical Acupressure, Soul Lightening Acupressure, etc.) working toward certification. For more information please visit SoulLightening.com”
- Disclaimer for non-certified practitioners: If you are non-certified and you are not a certification student, you may not advertise yourself as a practitioner, however you may list the work you do (e.g. PA, CA, Seva, Acupressure for Anyone, etc.) on your printed materials or online for informational purposes, with the following disclaimer:
- “___________________ has studied (PA, CA, etc) through Soul Lightening International, but is not a certified practitioner. Please visit SoulLightening.comfor more information.”
- If you do not see yourself represented on this information sheet, and you have questions or concerns, please call Arline Rowden Soul Lightening Certification Director 608-628-7548 for guidance and/or support.