Student Prices, Policies & Guidelines
General Pricing Structure
|Class Days||Full Price||Super Saver||Early Bird||In Class Discount||Best Savings|
|4 days||$795||—||—||$595||Value Plan|
|5 days||$895||—||—||$695||Value Plan|
|2 days||$495||—||—||$395||Value Plan|
What is a Value Plan? This is a seminar series package that offers you a substantial discount for the seminars. The payments are set up on a convenient schedule of $100 per month, so it helps you to budget for your continuing education.
Foundation Value Plan (2 class)
Full Price $2025 | Value Plan Price $1200 | Savings $825
Foundation Value Plan (1 class)
Full Price $1230 | Value Plan Price $600 | Savings $630
Process Acupressure Certification Value Plan
Full Price $3580 | Value Plan Price $2500 | Savings $1080
PA Certification Jump-in Value Plan
Prices and savings vary, depending on number of classes
Clinical Acupressure Certification Value Plan
Full Price $3770 | Value Plan Price $2700 | Savings $1070
CA Practicum Value Plan
Full Price $2875 | Value Plan Price $2200 | Savings $675
For information about each of our Value-Plans which offer your greatest savings on classes go to www.SoulLightening.com and click on the Value Plan icon to view the following:
Jump In Pricing:
If you have already attended 1 or more of the classes in one of our Value Plan seminar series, you can jump in at any time! Call 978-456-0300 for details.
*Early Bird and Super Saver discounts are only available for PA1A and CA1 and selected non-Value Plan classes. Check class listings for details
*In class discounts are available if you register during your attendance at one of our workshops
$200 discount for any future 4 or 5 day class
$100 discount for any future 2 day class
There are exceptions for residential classes such as those held at Esalen so check the listing for each class. It will always list the exact price for the class.
Other workshop prices
— Ninety Minute Seva Stress Release $30 (max)
— Three hour A4A workshops $60 each (max)
— One-day SEVA Stress Release $120 (max)
— Other one-day classes such as Immune Boost and Women’s Protocol $175
— Two-day classes such as SEVA Teacher Training $495
— Three-day classes such as A4A Teacher Training $595
— See Clinical Acupressure Value Plan Info for CA Practicum Series
Deposits and Payment Plan
Only available for classes not in our CA or PA Value-Plans: A deposit of $200, sixty (60) days or more prior to the class may be made to guarantee a place in the class. If it is less than 60 days prior to the class, the full tuition will be due at registration.
Payments for classes not included in any of our CA or PA Value-Plans may be made in any frequency and amount (by credit card or by check). Please send checks to: Soul Lightening International, P.O. Box 339, Greensboro, MD 21639.
- The balance will be charged automatically to the credit card on file six weeks prior to the workshop and after a final decision is made on holding the class.
- The registrar will notify the student 6 weeks prior to the class about the final payment.
- Exceptions to this need to be approved by the registrar, the teacher and the Executive Director.
All registrations will be reviewed six weeks prior to the class. If there are insufficient registrations to hold the class, it may be cancelled. You will be notified either way. We strongly advise you not to make non-refundable travel arrangements before you receive this notice.
Registering for any non Value-Plan class: Call our registrar at 978-456-0300 or email Registrar@SoulLightening.com
Third Party Payments
Any student who expects reimbursement from their employer or whose employer will only pay Soul Lightening directly, should discuss the details with the Soul Lightening registrar to ensure that Soul Lightening is fully informed and receives payment before the class begins.
Acknowledging those who must make travel plans early, we are making every effort to avoid canceling or changing the dates of our workshops. The decision to hold the class is based upon a minimum enrollment. Please note that those classes with very low enrollment may be canceled six weeks prior to the class.
In order to serve you better, we highly encourage you to take advantage of our discounts for early registration, when available, and Foundation and CA or PA Value-Plans. We also strongly recommend that you not purchase non-refundable airfare until the class is confirmed 6 weeks prior. Soul Lightening is not responsible for any expenses, such as airfare, that you incur for canceled workshops.
Value-Plan Refund Policy: If for any reason you are unable to continue with the full payment plan you are obligated to pay for any class you have taken (full tuition fees apply). Any remaining funds will be refunded to you.
Ala Carte & Non Value-Plan Class Refund Policy:
If, for any reason, Soul Lightening elects to cancel a workshop, you will receive a full refund of the workshop fee.
If you elect to withdraw from a workshop more than 30 days prior to the first day of class, you will receive a full refund, minus a $50 administrative fee.
If you elect to withdraw from a workshop less than 30 days prior to the first day of class, the following policy will apply:
– If your space in the workshop is filled by another student, you will receive a full refund, minus a $50 administrative fee. The refund will be made after the start of the class if your space in the class is filled. If your space is not filled, the Registrar will notify you by email that no refund will be given.
– If there are exigent circumstances (i.e. sudden severe illness, death in the immediate family, etc.) you may apply for a refund, informing either the teacher or the registrar of the circumstances. This will be reviewed and a decision made on a case-by-case basis by the teacher, the registrar, and the Executive Director. The registrar will notify you by email of the decision. If approved you will receive a full refund less a $50 administrative fee.
– If you are a “no-show” for the workshop, you will not receive a refund.
Student Participation Guidelines
Soul Lightening Acupressure courses involve a substantial amount of hands-on practice and mental, emotional and spiritual processing. Students experience the benefits of Soul Lightening Acupressure by exchanging work with fellow students and sometimes the instructor.
The following conditions may preclude attending or being fully active in a Soul Lightening Acupressure class:
– Acute illness
– Recent surgery, radiation or chemotherapy
– Mental or emotional instability
-Anyone receiving treatment from a mental health professional should check with them before attending this class.
– Pregnancy, especially the first 3 months
– Any condition that would prevent you from exchanging hands-on work with another person
Please contact the instructor prior to registering if you have any questions about your ability to fully participate.
Privacy & Security of Learner Records
- SLI will never disclose a student transcript without their permission.
- The learner will contact the SLI Registrar to request release of personal transcript.
- SLI may collect and identify certain information such as name, address, credential, contact information that you volunteer and provide to us to use.
- SLI may ask to provide credit card information for purchases and payment transactions. Your financial information is only identifiable with our registrar and treasurer.
- Financial information may be shared only with the International Alliance of Healthcare Educators (IAHE) for processing payment of classes. With the exception of IAHE, SLI will never share or sell your contact information to any organization. If you do not wish to have your personally identifiable information used or shared for these purposes, send a letter with this request to Registrar@SoulLightening.com
Standards and Non-discrimination Policy
All Soul Lightening Acupressure instructors must demonstrate high standards of professional conduct and not discriminate against learners on the basis of gender, age, socioeconomic, or ethnic background, sexual orientation or disability. Furthermore, the principles of Soul Lightening International celebrate and empower the unique qualities of each individual. By the time an instructor enters teacher training, their professional conduct and interpersonal skills have been observed and evaluated many times by existing faculty and mentors. Each instructor must hold a current license and be in good standing for their professional discipline.
Teachers Financial and Non-Financial Disclosure Policy
Guidelines exist whereby all speakers must disclose any relevant relationship to Soul Lightening International. See www.SoulLightening.com for details. The following is included on the “Workshop Understanding and Agreement” form each learner signs prior to the first day of class: “____Financial Disclosure: I understand that all SLI instructors receive financial compensation for teaching workshops.”
- Soul Lightening International is a dedicated service body that offers Soul Lightening Acupressure:
- To as many people as can use it effectively
- In a manner that maintains the integrity of the work with a clear signature. We understand that practitioners will use Soul Lightening Acupressure within the context of their own experience and background.
- Aside from this usage, we require our practitioners and instructors to refrain from the following:
- Representing the work as a different system/modality (something other than SL Acupressure/PA/CA/A4A) to administrators, clients, students, and practitioners
- Keeping the name SL Acupressure/CA/PA/ A4A, but changing fundamental concepts/methods (touch, interface, soul consciousness, etc.)
- Teaching/printing/distributing the protocols under the auspices of a system/modality/title other than SL Acupressure/PA/CA/ A4A
- Publishing articles, books, flyers, etc. that integrate the concepts, methods, and/or specific protocols of SL Acupressure under the auspices of a system/modality/name other than SL Acupressure/CA/PA/ A4A
- Any individual or group claiming credit or “ownership” of the intellectual property of SL Acupressure in any way
- Any individual or group utilizing any part (concept, method, or protocol) of the intellectual property of SL Acupressure without full consent, and a written agreement of the SL Board
- Anyone wishing to publish, teach, produce, distribute, etc., any of the concepts/methods/protocols of SL Acupressure/CA/PA/ A4A must present the SL board with a completed proposal of exactly how the material will be used. Work toward producing, teaching, publishing, presenting the material must not begin until the individual/group has received full approval from the SL board in writing.
Please address any complaints or concerns to our Executive Director at 443-257-4612. Your issues will be addressed by our administrative team and taken to higher levels, if necessary. Soul Lightening will respond within 30 days.
Scope of Practice Guidance prior to Certification
- Informal Practice: All Soul Lightening Acupressure students are highly encouraged to practice the protocols they have been taught at any workshop on friends and family at any time.
- Professional Practice: Attendance at any workshop or series of workshops does not, by itself, qualify you to practice this work professionally. Professional practice implies that you charge a fee for your work.
- License to touch: Soul Lightening requires that anyone who professionally practices and charges for any form of Soul Lightening Acupressure must meet the laws of their state of residence for doing hands-on work (i.e. “license to touch).
- Who can charge a fee? Anyone wishing to charge a fee for practicing any form of Soul Lightening Acupressure (PA, CA, Seva, and Acupressure for Anyone) is strongly encouraged to enroll in one of our certification programs.
- Licensed practitioners: If you are a licensed massage therapist, PT, or other licensed bodywork practitioner, nurse, physician or psychotherapist, you may start practicing this work with your clients and charge a fee commensurate with the rate you would charge for any new work.
- Unlicensed practitioners: If you are an unlicensed practitioner with an existing private practice, and you meet your state requirements for hands-on work, you may start practicing this work with your clients and charge a fee commensurate with the rate you would charge for any new work.
- New Students: If you are new to bodywork, or if you feel unsure about your level of proficiency as a Soul Lightening Acupressure practitioner, you should talk with your teacher or mentor before beginning to charge your clients.
- Certification: Soul Lightening International offers the following certification programs: Foundation Certification and practitioner certification in PA, CA, and Advanced Soul Lightening Acupressure. Visit those pages on this website for more information.
- Disclaimer for certification candidates: Any student must be certified in order to advertise, including Seva and Acupressure Anyone students. Until you are certified, any of your promotional material must clearly display the following disclaimer:
“______________ is currently a student of (Process Acupressure, Clinical Acupressure, Soul Lightening Acupressure, etc.) working toward certification. For more information please visit www.SoulLightening.com”
- Disclaimer for non-certified practitioners: If you are non-certified and you are not a certification student, you may not advertise yourself as a practitioner, however you may list the work you do (e.g. PA, CA, Seva, Acupressure for Anyone, etc.) on your printed materials or online for informational purposes, with the following disclaimer:
“___________________ has studied (PA, CA, etc) through Soul Lightening International, but is not a certified practitioner. Please visit www.SoulLightening.com for more information.”
- If you do not see yourself represented on this information sheet, and you have questions or concerns, please call Arline Rowden Soul Lightening Certification Director 608-628-7548 for guidance and/or support.
Soul Lightening International is a 501c(3) non-profit organization operating exclusively for educational purposes. Your tax deductible donation helps provide professional acupressure training courses and certifications, community wellness training programs, service projects and a worldwide community forum for exploring individual Soul wisdom and consciousness.